TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Not sure if my previous message went thru. I have a Mini 2.0…

Customer Question
Not sure if my...

Not sure if my previous message went thru. I have a Mini 2.0 Sound bar (NS-SB216), conected to a 6 series Samsung 65" TV by a digital optical cable and a Samsung Blue Ray player attached to the same TV with a HDMI Cable. Seems difficult getting the sound bar to work, is the only way to pair it (bluetooth) each time i turn the system on By the way I am a novice lol

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Ok i'll look for the TV model, not sure other than 6 series. any idea where its located

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When its set up correctly, should i be able to use both the soundbar and TV speakers together when sound bar is on. When it wasfirst set up using the Blue ray CD / DVD work like i thought it should turn on TV and TV speakers worked then i could turn on the soundbar and it worked great alomg side. But the TV without the Blue Ray did not work Once i kept playing with the unit i got the TV paired with the sounbar but its really compersome to get back on. does this make sense

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I've only had it a few days, never seemed to respond correctly, second issue i could live with but frustrating is the remote has a very narrow sort distance it works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Let me find the model number of the TV first

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your audio setup question.

I understand you have the soundbar connected via optical audio cable to your TV. You have that correct.

You have a Blu-Ray player connected by HDMI. This is solid.

You should not have to pair by bluetooth. Can you remove any bluetooth settings or disable any bluetooth settings and let me know what happens?

1. Do you still get sound from your cable?
  2. Do you get sound from the bluray player?
  3. Do you get sound from any other connected devices?
Thank for your response. When I was on line with you guys I thought I was on line with insignia. Got my answer from them. Need to have tv audio set up for PCM. That resolved my issue. Will try you guys down the road if ever have a question.

No problem. I will send this over to refund your deposit. Thank you!