TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Vizio TV is about 3 years old. Recently a dark shadow has…

Customer Question
My Vizio TV is...

My Vizio TV is about 3 years old. Recently a dark shadow has appeared on the right side (looking at TV). Is this something that can be fixed or have I wasted a bundle of money on a lemon TV?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is about 3 years old...where do I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

You are talking to a retired history teacher who knows NOTHING about this kind of stuff. What do you mean sources/inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Well about a month ago it got to where it would not come on at all. I used an old TV, also Vizio, which has been great, but wanted to use my big screen to watch those Georgia Bulldogs win the SEC so tried to work with the new one. It came on, but big shadow...which really would have been fine in that last Auburn game....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Sorry for delays here, can you see this bad effect if you use another input please like a DVD player?or if you use a streaming service via the set?

I don't own a DVD player. Not sure how to do the streaming thing. I am a 70 year old retired teacher. All this tech stuff is beyond me. I miss the good old days of rabbit ears! I do know how to make my computer screen come on the TV. Would that help answer your question?

Yes that is OK to use, let me know

I get the same shadow on the screen.

I do not have any good news for you about this, the panel (screen) is bad unfortunately this makes up 90% the cost of the set so its not an option to replace it, this issue is very common I see it on a daily basis in the workshop, if you have any warranty with the set please use it.

I am sorry for dismal news on this

Let me know if you have any more questions on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician