TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV works fine however, the inside measurment of the

Customer Question
The TV works fine...

The TV works fine however, the inside measurment of the screen is 15 inches but the pictture top to bottom is only 12 inches. The side to side measure is ok as it reaces right to the frame edges.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN32EH4003FXZC

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works picture size does not change

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been so long that I think it came home this way

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

There isn't anything else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What are you viewing on the set please- is it programming from a Cable Box, Satellite Box, antenna? Also who is your cable provider and what is the BRAND and MODEL of the box? These details are needed.

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?

it is a cable box brand is cisco and i am trying to figure the model which seems to be DPC3825

Okay thanks. Also I'm not available by phone- the website sends that offer automatically (without my consent). Please give me a minute to look up the box.

That's your wireless router. Your TV should be connected directly to a cable box. Who is your cable provider?

I am getting text msges which I can't read so unless there is some other way to do this lets just forget it Don
OK send me an email Thanks.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Let me know how it works,

thanks,

I agree that if I had a more "advanced remote" I could do all those things such as zoom etc but it is a basic model .