TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

ITS MY PHONE. 1 YEAR. I HAVE A VIRUS. JUST HAPPENED I

HI, ITS MY PHONE ...

HI, ITS MY PHONE

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

1 YEAR

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I HAVE A VIRUS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

JUST HAPPENED I somehow downloaded a app that was a scam and its locked now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I need it today 4 work

11/14/2017
Eric, Handyman/Handywoman

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

What is the make and model of your phone, and what makes you believe you downloaded a virus?

Eric, Handyman/Handywoman
gakaxy s 8, I looked it up cause I knew it was bullcrap. it said FBI WARNING YOU ARE VIEWING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY, PAY 300 BLAH BLAH BLAH, now, phone will do nothing. stays on that fbi warning screen wont even sgut off
you can call its a home number tho
Phone call session started

As per the email:

Let the battery die, do NOT turn it back on.

1. Plug it into the power cord once the battery dies
  2. IF IT TURNS BACK ON, unplug it again right away and wait for the battery to die again
  3. If it does not turn back on when you plug it in, follow these steps EXACTLY:
  • Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.
  • After 30 seconds, you should see the Android Recovery Menu. If your phone boots up as normal, try repeating the previous two steps.
  • Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
  • Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
  • Once the factor reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.

If it DID turn back on, then wait for it to die again, and this time, hold the buttons from the first step down, and have someone else plug it in, so it boots WHILE you're holding them down. Then finish the steps.