TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2 year old 65" Curved UHD Smart Samsung TV, I have…

I have a 2...

I have a 2 year old 65" Curved UHD Smart Samsung TV, I have been away for 3 weeks, came home and can see there are light grey marks on screen, to the left there is a circular mark about 2 1/2" diameter at top of screen, to the right there is a series of smaller circular marks, in a vertical line with connecting "runs" approx. 1/2" wide that runs down screen to bottom of TV. If you turn TV on these areas shown no picture and the areas start to enlarge (slowly).

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Its a Samsung Series 8, Model 8700. Not tried anything other than to turn on and then off

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and Yes ... the marks are visible when is powered off

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Don't know it happened while I was away ..... I know we had some bad storm during that period but all other equipment connected to TV, i.e. DVR, Sound system are all OK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How old is the set approx please?

2 years

It does sound unfortunately like the LCD panel (screen),its not an option to replace that, how old is the set please?

July 2015, could this have been caused by voltage surge ?

No voltage surge can't cause this, its a fault of the LCD panel itself ,would it be possible for you to take a photo of this and use the add files button?it may not show up on a photo but might

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician