TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've only had my 60" Vizio tv for a year and a half and the…

Customer Question
I've only had my...

I've only had my 60" Vizio tv for a year and a half and the picture just went blank sound still works

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

E5501-b2 srl. LWZ2PPAQ2006097

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Picture is black can't see menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now happened was watching for about 10 minutes then went black

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Any suggestions yet?
11/14/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist you today with your TV issue.

I understand you are having issues with your TV not displaying. Are you hearing sound from your surround sound or soundbar and not the TV itself?

Sound bar is off sound is coming from tv

Thank you for that information. One moment while I look into this.

Thank you for waiting. The issue with your TV appears to be the power supply. It is easy to replace and I can provide you with the instructions on replacing it if you're comfortable doing it. This is a common issue with this model TV. Let me know if you want steps for replacing it. Here is what the board looks like: http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-056-04167-0001-power-supply-led-driver.htm

If you do it yourself, you can save on the labor but you'll need a screwdriver and that part previously mentioned and the ability to have room to work with the TV protecting the screen on something soft. If you don't want to attempt it, you can take it to a shop and let them know it is the power supply board. They can give you an estimate. Please let me know if you have more question and/or would like the steps to replace it yourself. If not, please help me by rating me in the top left. Hopefully 5 stars! It is the only way I receive credit for helping.

Have a great rest of your day!