TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a dark shadow through the middle of the screen.

Customer Question
There is a dark...

There is a dark shadow through the middle of the screen. model 420i-AO

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

420i-AO about 4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

24 hours , nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

nothing yet

Please post back with clear pictures of the "...dark shadow through the middle of the screen..." Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

Received the picture through the kindness of Maureen / Senior Customer Support Specialist.

It would appear that the described symptom then would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE?

I'm sorry I can't figure out how to send a pic
Sure
How do I start?
Sure how do I start?

Two possibilities; a wiring/connector issue, please click HERE for insight. and/or a panel/screen ghosting as shown HERE.