TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can I connect headphones, so that own TV voice could be

Customer Question
Can I connect headphones...

Can I connect headphones, so that own TV voice could be heard? What options I have to change on TV?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

UE32EH5000WXMS; Version no: TH02. I tried in TV menu but could not get to some menu options (as, I remember). Does it depends on TV model, or mayby TV translation options?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes TV menu worked.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is after I have his TV (about 2 yeas) and TV master said it could not be done. After this I read a little in Internet, tried myself, but could not do this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't remember exactly menu options and where I could get and where not and whit options could not switched, but just such option with such description, I have not see,as I remember.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Would be waiting for reply here, or maybe later by E-mail.
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, do you mean you want to use headphones with the TV? What did you mean with "so that own TV voice could be heard"

Please let me know

Thank you

I mean sound from own TV-s loudspeaker.

ok, so what you mean is you want to hear the headphones and ALSO the sound from the TV at the same time, and if you now connect it it cuts out the sound on the TV correct?

it's just what I want to change and couldn't.

ok, on the back you see red and white audio output ports, let me know when you have located them please

There are red and white ports, but there are made input, from the box of cable TV provider.

Ok, I am having a hard time finding the specs for this TV, what Audio output ports are on it? Optical out?

there is optical output port and also one audio output port with image oh headphones and upper of it second port marked 'service'

Thanks

What you want to do is use the Optical Output as this will not cut out the TV's speakers (you use it for example with the home entertainment system).

You use this box

https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Digital-Optical-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01AWBA8U8/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=968X2CJKT0929Y7JFZV7

It will output via the re and white cables so you use this adapter

Click me to open

Then you connect the headphones to the adapter, and it will play out.

The TV will treat the output as though it is going to a theater system so it will leave the TV speakers on

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you

Thanks!

Your welcome and please remember to rate my service via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

I must continue: I have bought this item already, and optical cable; cable has light on the second end, when I connect it to TV, but from the Converter I could not receive any audio signals from it's port in headphones.

What exact item have you purchased?

Just that, you have advised now; from the Amazon.com.

No sorry as you need a second adapter with the device I advised you on.

Go to sound settings, what output settings do you have set there?

May I reply later, or by E-mail?

ok.. you can reply via email or here

Thank you.

You;re welcome

I'm here. Voice mode is standard. Anything else or more?

Yes, Go to sound settings, what output settings do you have set there?

SRS TruSound (or Surround?) HD
Audioformat PCM
TV loudspeaker's Parameters - unavailable
I'll return in about a half an hour.

And exactly how are the headphones connected to adapter, as with mine you need a second adapter. I need you to give detailed information on your setup

headphones are connected with one connector, and I can get mono sound but TV loudspeakers are off so.

sorry but the setup you tell me is not detailed, so I do not know how you have it set up nor the issue or even if it works, but it is not the adapters I am recommending which wouldd work.

I am going to opt out of working with you, and allow another expert to troubleshoot your setup

Thank you and all the best.

I told you all what is there on TV menu. I would be waiting for E-mail message. OK?
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the question.

Please let me know exactly how the headphones are connected to adapter?

I need to know what type of connection, etc.

Can you attach some photos of the setup?

Headphone is connected on the back side of TV with input socket having picture of headphones directly, with one red or green head. I have problems with photo, my mobile phone has not any connection with Internet. I tried also connection with Musou Digital Optical Coax to Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter with Fiber Cable with Toslink cable, but could not received any sound in headphones. Toslink cable had red light on the outer head.

Which input socket? What is the socket labelled as?

Is the plug red or green? This is important - they are color coded for a reason.

I need specific information otherwise I cannot help.

Can you email a photo from your computer?

Here is the photo. Excuse me it is not of good quality, but I'll add my description and I think you'll know what is on the photo. Two sockets down - "Audio R and L (Red and White color) are connected with input from TV provider box. On the right side from this are two free sockets - Red and Blue, marked Pr and Pb. On the left side is socket (not colored) with headphones image, wich I use to connect with one head of headphones (green or red (maybe rose would be more correct)) and upper from it it the socket alike marked as "Service'"; righter is the socket for optical cable output (with red light) and upper two other form sockets.
T think it can be understand with photo and my description and I excuse for the quality.
Do you need any additional information?