TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new Samsung Electronics UN28M4500AFXZA. IT will…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Samsung Electronics UN28M4500AFXZA . IT will never be connected to an antenae or coax cable. It is all connected with the two HDMI sources. Everynow and then the source is set to TV mode. Is there anyway to disable TV as a source. I only want HDMI1 and HDMI2.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

A Samsung Electronics UN28M4500AFXZA 28" Smart TV. I thought it would only cycle through spources that were connected to a device.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu and everything works fine; I just want to eliminate TV/Antenae as a source so that it does not cycle through that source when I push the source button.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing popped up; nothing happened.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately no, you cannot remove the tv function as the tuner is an built in component of the tv.

There are a few things you can do that may make using the tv easier though, such as renaming the inputs, so instead of calling it hdmi call it satellite for example and calling hdmi2 dvd for example.

You can also add hdmi1 and 2 to your home/favorite screen and use that to select them, rather than bringing up the full input list, so you'll be less likely to accidentally ever pick tv.

To do that bring up the input list then arrow over to highlight hdmi1/2, then press the Up arrow button, and then Edit to change the name, or Add to Home Screen to set it as a favorite there.

Best regards,

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.