TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic VHS and DVD (combined) attachment (Model…

Customer Question
John, I have a...

John, I have a Panasonic VHS and DVD (combined) attachment (Model PV-D4745S) for my Samsung TV. Can you show me a basic hookup (line connection) so I can just play VHS and/or DVD movies on this set?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes - probably 2005 or so. I can get the model number, etc., if that will help.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just was gifted the VHS/DVD device by a friend who swears it works fine. I've switched the red-white-yellow lines in the back, and unplugged them and tried the front 3 connections on the VHS/DVD and Samsung, both of which have that feature (front, 3-wire plug-ins).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. I can get more info on my Samsung TV (cathode-ray type) if he/she wants it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the model number of the tv if possible?

TXE2745

Thank you for confirming,

what you'll need here is a composite video cable, which is red, white, and yellow

Connect the corresponding colors of yellow white and red from the OUT ports on the back of the vcr,

to the matching colors on the back of the tv. You'll then need to use the samsung remote pressing the tv/video (aux) button to bring up the vcr connection, then you can go ahead and play discs/tapes.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,