TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Is after 30 mins flashing. D65Oic3 and is like 2.5 years…

Customer Question
Is after 30 mins...

Is after 30 mins flashing

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

D65Oic3 and is like 2.5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes on all sources/inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

1 week. And start flashing black and then more often till finally turns all black. But still sounds

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That all I️ need

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $1000 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,