TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie, Louie, We have a LG 50 PDP, bought in Sept 2012. An…

Customer Question
Hi Louie,...

Hi Louie, We have a LG 50 PDP, bought in Sept 2012. An hour ago it was fine and I was making a change with theAT&T remote and the sound went off.' I tried Setting on the LG remote and found the sound

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Was off and the speakers were on. I changed to sound to ON and that did not help. Can you help. The picture is great.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I wish I could remenmber. I may have changed to the U-Verse taped menu of programs.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not. I think part of my message was lost.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the cable box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know if this restores the sound please.

Please follow the steps below: