TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2009 sharp tv seldom used. it went black but has…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 sharp tv seldom used. it went black but has channels and name of show displayed. also time it also dispays cABLE AND hdmi. MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO i DO TO CHANGE DISPLAY OR IS THE TV GONE?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Lc 32sb23u OR lc 32sb220u OR 21u

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

MENue works fine no problems on other tv the cable box is on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 3 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I found the one page directions for setting up tv and I changed some things to see if I could get it to work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to help you today with your TV issue.

I understand your TV shows the name of the show displayed. So this is good news that it's probably not the TV. Could you tell me how it is currently hooked up?

Is there a cable box, a digital converter, a cable line directly to the TV from the wall?