TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I heard a pop sound and my TV went off. My grandson opened…

Customer Question
I heard a pop...

I heard a pop sound and my TV went off. My grandson opened the TV and found a burnt fuse. We could not locate the same fuse size and am still looking for it. It was for a Sylvania Model #LC320SS2 120V 60Hz 110W. If I did replace the fuse, would that fix it or would there be other complications from a burnt fuse?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sylvania is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured October 2011 and bought it then or 2012. S/N ME1A1142116874 (A17FLUT) from Funai Corp , Torrance CA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV doesn't come on at all after the fuse popped and we cant find another one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine no problems.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is the fuse the glass type?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.