TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No signal, check connected device power, cable connection…

Customer Question
No signal, check connected...

No signal, check connected device power, cable connection and source selection

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

LA46D550K7R

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I reboot pvr and reinserted HDMI cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine all along and then suddenly it went blank.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Explora is new and I reconnected cable done last week

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
TV menu is working
For how long must I wait for a response?
The explora does show channel number just the TV no having signal.
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Hi there,I'm still getting same error message.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Do you have this same issue with any other device besides the pvr, such as dvd?

No.
I think my TV is not receiving signal from my decoders
I have two decoders, primary(explora) and secondary

Can you test those same decoders on another television?

That will help us to isolate if the decoder box is the problem or the tv itself.

Can you also test something else like a dvd player on this tv, via hdmi?

From DVD I'm able to connect and get pictures and audio
TV is also working when connected via HDMI

Is the decoder/pvr connected via coax, or hdmi?

HDMI

Okay I'm a bit confused here, sorry.

So the pvr/decoder box is connected via hdmi and working in terms of being able to see the pvr menu, perhaps for watching existing recordings, guide, etc, but you just aren't able to tune in the live channels?

Is it possible to use coax for secondary decoder and HDMI for primary (explora pvr)?

If the decoder has a coax port, yes, you should be able to do that and tune the tv in to either channel 3 or 4 to pick up that signal.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.