TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung tablet 3 that suddenly stopped allowing me…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung tablet 3 that suddenly stopped allowing me to do the swipe to open the tablet. I have done a boot, holding both side button and the middle button for a hard boot. still wont let me swipe to open

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is not a TV it is a tablet

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet 3 that suddenly stopped allowing me to the swipe to open the tablet. I have done a boot, holding both side buttons and the middle button for a "hard" boot . I still wont let me swipe to open any suggestions other than toss it Cindy Yancey

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started after I clean the screen which had a screen plastic cover on it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No the thing turns on and looks like it will work just wont allow the swipe to open it up

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

nope did not work

You see the unlock screen though correct? It just does not respond

no already paid $28 for chat that did not work

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

the screen does not unlock

Please power it off again.

Then hold the volume up and power buttons until you see a menu.

Tell me if you can get to this menu please.

screen had several options: reboot system now, apply update from ADB, apply update fro external storage, wipe date/factory reset, wipe cache partition and apply update from cache. Tried reboot system now and came up with an error message

Select wipe cache partition and use power to choose it

Then when it reboots tell me if it then functions correctly please

says android system recover <3e>

ok, now restart the tablet and try to unlock it please

no the screen is still unresponsive

ok, we need to attempt a factory reset then. It will remove all data from the device and return it to new but this we cannot avoid sorry

Power it off

Choose wipe date/factory reset

Once done, tell me how it then functions please

seems to be stuck on the att logo

Can you power it off but holding the power button for 60 seconds, then release.

then try the procedure again please

came up to restart menu but screen still not responsive

Thanks

It is the digitizer that has faulted, this is the only cause left. It is what allows you to register touch on the screen and this is the fault.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you

Richard, Technician