TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Netflix says I need a "firmware upgrade" because I have to…

Customer Question
Netflix says I need...

Netflix says I need a "firmware upgrade" because I have to sign in too frequently. My TV model # is 49UB8200, SN 410MXTCTU249. This problem happens about every 6 months.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

See msg above, purchased 1/6/15

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything on TV works--problem signing into Netflix requires entering email and password. Since we are on subscription this should not be necessary. Netflix says this is a firmware problem!!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

For the last week. And as my original msg said it has happened before about every 6 months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just tell me how to upgrade the firmware--if that is what has to be done

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 8 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

You will need to download the firmware to a blank USB flash drive. Let me know if you have one and we can proceed from there.

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

No I do not have flash drive
This was supposed to be an LG help--why do I have to pay?...someone already charged me $5 to get this far!!

My apologies for the confusion. We are an independent support service not affiliated with any company or service. Please let me know if you would like to proceed and I will be glad to help you.

Please cancel this request and refund my $5...thank you!

Have a nice day!