TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I turned off the screen to listen to music overnight without…

Hi. I turned off...

Hi. I turned off the screen to listen to music overnight without a picture showing and now I can’t get the ‘screen off’ mode to go back to show a picture because the screen is dark. What can I do to get it back on?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I Use the energy saver to put the TV in screen off mode to listen to music last night. How do I get the energy mode to get the screen back on? The screen is dark so I don’t know if I’m hitting the right buttons on the remote to get the picture returned. Is there another way to do this without using the remote?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can’t see the TV menu because the screen is dark. So I don’t know if the menu is showing when I press the menu button on my remote.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I can’t see the TV menu because the screen is dark. So I don’t know if the menu is showing when I press the menu button on my remote. I was listening to music last night when I fell asleep and use the energy saver to put it in the screen off mode. When I woke up this morning there was no music and the screen was dark. So I turn off the TV and when I turned it back on I could get a station in here audio but can’t get the energy saver screen on mode back. Mainly because I can’t see what I’m doing on the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I was listening to music last night when I fell asleep and use the energy saver to put it in the screen off mode. When I woke up this morning there was no music and the screen was dark. So I turn off the TV and when I turned it back on I could get a station in here audio but can’t get the energy saver screen on mode back. Mainly because I can’t see what I’m doing on the screen.No

11/13/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Oops held the wrong button for 60 seconds. Will try again. Be back again in 10.
Will let you know if this next attempt works or not. Model #47LS4500. 5 yrs old

thank you

Trying one more time. Inadvertently held power button before unplugging. Be back in 10.

No problem and thank you

Nope. Doesn’t work.

Ok, so still no picture? Do you hear sound?

No pic. Can hear sounds and tell that channels change when directed.

Thanks

When you press the menu button on the TV's remote, does the menu show?

No

Thanks

It is the Tcon board in the TV that has faulted, this is now confirmed (this is the board responsible for display)

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The tv was made nov 2012. Do you have any idea of costs.

It is not too expensive but depends on your location in regards ***** ***** and parts fees.

Can you tell me your Zip code please and I can get two companies to get you an offer

56320

Thanks

You can contact Glen's Flat Panel TV Repair on(###) ###-####/p>

And for a second pricing, Alex Audio & Video Service, Inc.(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician