TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a LE55A6R9A TV. Power outage in the neighborhood.

Customer Question
I have a LE55A6R9A...

I have a LE55A6R9A TV. Power outage in the neighborhood. After the power returned I have sound but no picture. Direct TV had me change the change with a blank screen. Now no sound or picture. How can I get this unit back to the orginal settings?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LE55A6R9A 14 months

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All inputs! No Picture to see if I have a menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since last night! Power was out in the area 1st for and hour than came on and the tv came back on without a problem. Then it went out again for approximately 5 mins. The screen was black but had sound when power returned

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

2 mins left

Thanks

same problem still exist

If you press the menu button on the TV's remote, do you see anything show up?

nothing

Thanks

It is the Mainboard board in the TV that has faulted, this now confirms it as we have ruled out the other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you