TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG OLED55C7P. Brand new out of the box. WiFi connection good…

Customer Question
LG OLED55C7P. Brand new...

LG OLED55C7P. Brand new out of the box. WiFi connection good but unable to connect via ethernet cable to my LAN. Same cable connection works with a laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

Brand new. OK I'll leave it for a while.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. Only LAN input does not.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Brand new TV out of the box. First time connected right now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Ethernet cable in the house goes directly to the moden. No router or switch.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you connected the LAN cable, did you first disconnect it from the wifi network?

Please let me know

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that in the morning andlet you know the result.
Goodnight!

Thank you

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

And sleep well!

Thank you

Good morning.
Tried the routine suggested by Richard. Still no ethernet connection.
Any other thoughts?

Can you go to the setup menu on the TV and do a full reset of the TV, when you set it up do not choose wireless but the standard network connection

Tell me if it then connects please

That is what I did. From the network setup menu I selected LAN connection and it could not connect.

You need to do the full reset please, then choose only the LAN connection

That was the original setup out of the box. LAN first.
I will do it again.
Back in 10 minutes.

Thanks, ***** ***** be sure

Did that.
Same result as when I first tried setup: "Get Connected" screen, selected "wired ethernet" but "CONNECT" button greyed-out.
You want screen shot?

No it is ok, remove the power to your wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power then try the TV again please

OK

thanks

Did that. No change. Wired "CONNECT" button still greyed-out.
Robust (268 Mbps) connection at other devices on LAN.

Thanks

It is the internal LAN adapter in the TV that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician