TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a LG 43UJ6200 TV. How do I find the three

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a LG 43UJ6200 TV. How do I find the three digit code needed to syn the remote to my Dish remote so I get sound on the Dish remote?

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

See above.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

See above

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

See first question

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The IR codeset for your particular model should be 731.

It sounds like you have quite an old remote though if it only takes 3 digits, most dish remotes need either 4 or 5, so if you need something else or some alternate codes to try instead, just let me know.

Thank you,

I just received the remote 4 days ago when I bought the new tv.

Okay, please try the one I mentioned. If that doesn't work, could you double check how many digits it needs and then we can try some other codes.

It is certainly possible, just unusual, for a dish remote to only be 3 digits.