TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture is fine. Sound is fine but there is Spanish speaking…

Customer Question
Picture is fine. Sound...

Picture is fine. Sound is fine but there is Spanish speaking going on in background

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

About 1 year. M55

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works. Problem only when I have nfl football night games on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything fine. Noticed it first time last Monday night football. No problem til Thursday night football. Fine until tonight Sunday night gootball

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s the only problem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Installer
What are you watching when this happens? Do you have a cable or satellite box?
Have fios. Every time it happens a nfl football game is on
Is this $26 more plus the $5 plus $23
Okay take if hso Fios remote and look on it for a bottom that says SAP or MTS and press that. Repeatedly if needed until it shows as off and let me know if that helps.
Yes a call is 26 more. The other 2 you paid for the chat here.
Have no button that says SAP or MTS
Ok if there is no button then go into the fios menu and then to the audio or sound options and check for the sap or mts setting there and put them to off. If that doesn’t work look for an accessibility option in the menu and then for voiceover or video descriptions and set that to off also.
Have an accessibility option. No voiceover option or video. Under accessibility it says closed captions or DVS or text to speech or help
Did you find any audio or sound options? That is where you’ll find the sap or mts. It may also be called alternate language.
Well I am not finding any of those. Sorry for being such a pain��
Can you recheck the remote again. Make sure this is the cable remote not the tv remote. If still no change go unplug power to the cable box for 5 minutes and check again
Are you done helping me?
No I sent you a few more things to check, about 15 minutes ago
I couldn’t find any of those and responded as such.
Under audio and video my options are audio or 3D tv or video settings. Looked under audio part but says alerts or range or volume etc
Ok. Not sure what happened but the Spanish is gone. Did not unplug power but the Spanish is gone. Hoping it doesn’t come back for tomorrow night football game
Thanks for trying to help

Great, glad to hear it is back on track for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer