TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Some how my mother hit the wrong buttons on the remote and…

Customer Question
Some how my mother...

Some how my mother hit the wrong buttons on the remote and now the audio is on but you cannot see the picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's about 3-4 yrs old Sharp ultra K HDTV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I cannot see the picture but i can hear what's goo g

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Going o

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It just happen. Was playing fine up until she mess with the remote

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Model # LC50UB3OU
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer
What do you have connected to the tv? Cable/satellite, dvd, etc?
Just my router
Can. You tell me how to reset my Sharp TV
what specific content are you using then? Apps like Netflix?
Just regular tv for now....have Nexflix on the TV but not using it. The TV works just cant see the picture and this on only happen when she hit a wrong button on the R/control
There has to be a source for those tv shows though, so as I was asking earlier do you have a cable or satellite BOX connected to the tv?
I think I just need to reset the TV but I cannot see to do that with the R/control so I need another way to hard reset it
No I do not just a digital Anthea
Okay then we are most likely looking at a hardware problem here not a simple setting. If you press the menu button on the sharp remote can you see those menu screns?
No picture is showing on the TV can only hear the TV shows. So i cannot see any setting
Thank you for confirming. That is not a setting and anything she did with the remote is just coincidental.
Please unplug power from the tv for 5 minutes. Replug and then tell me if you can make out any menus or channels at that point.
Ok
Thanks
Thank you for your help but it's doing the same thing. I will leave it unplugged until the AM. I have to leave now. My shift start at 5:30am so off to bed
Thanks let me know how it works in the morning please.