TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K, bought a new Hisense 55R6107…

Customer Question
Hi there, have a...

Hi there, have a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K, bought a new Hisense 55R6107 TV. Smart Roku Tv that will not recognize the Receiver.... what can I do?? regards

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 days, tried everything then just bypassed the receiver

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

From the Receiver to the TV are Components cables not HDMI, can't change it is in the wall... was working just fine for 9 years with the Sharp TV

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer
Are you trying to get sound from the TVs smart apps to play through the pioneer? Do you have just the red/green/blue from the pioneer to the tv?
Are you getting video from your source devices to the tv still such as cable or satellite?
I am trying as I did up to now to use the pioneer for the surround sound, yes I have just the red/green/blue from the pioneer to the TV.
Yes I am getting from the cable box to the TV directly now not as before through the pioneer...
Okay there are a few issues here.
The primary problem that is going to limit you is those component cables. That is a one way signal of video only from the amp to the tv. It can’t carry audio back and is not going to allow the tv to detect or communicate with the tv.It should work fine to keep passing video from your cable dvd etc through the pioneer to the tv. You just have to make sure the tv is set to the component input mode. You may also need to go into your source devices and lock their output format setting at 720p or 1080i
In the current arrangement though you’ll never be able to get sound from the tv apps through the pioneer. To do that you’d have to connect either an hdmi cable or optical cable between them.
Didn't get anything helpful so do I get back the $5 fully refundable??? or do I have to spread on the net???

I cannot change the facts of the situation or the limitations of your equipment. You paid the agreed upon fees noted on the payment page. It was not $5. If you didn't get any response, it would be refunded. There is no source anywhere for free help like this especially on such old equipment. There are some other things we can work through if you need more help, after you complete the first steps I sent.