TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just got a new Samsung SMART TV don't have HDMI for this TV…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new Samsung SMART TV don't have HDMI for this TV however, I was told my receiver is bad.. My Radio, CD player and DVD player work just fine! The picture is black and goes in and out occasionaly

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Sorry didn't mean to send I was wandering why CD and DVD work fine! Do I really have a problem with the receiver. My old system is a pronto but it works fine! This is a Samsung 6201 Series SMART TV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. Don't know how to check all sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened the install was yesterday and the guy installing told me that the receiver was the problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

AM I getting scammed

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The picture is strictly black and white occasionally color will bleed in for 5 seconds and then goes back to black and white. Sometimes the black and white fades in and out! My Source is in AV, tried TV and that didn't do anything but get dots on the screen. I went back to AV and the bot***** *****ne is the picture is black and white.How much longer will it be before I get an answer!
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me the complete model number of the tv, rather than the series?
What is the model of the receiver?

denon av receiver air 2805 samsung model un55j6201af

Thank you,

and can you tell me specifically how you have everything connected currently?
Meaning which cords/ports are used between each device (cable/satellite, denon, tv, etc)?

Everything goes through the receiver

I assumed so, but I need specific details, please.