TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

MY TV SAYS AN UPGRADE IS DUE FOR MY TV-HOW DO I DO THIS? IT…

Customer Question
MY TV SAYS AN...

MY TV SAYS AN UPGRADE IS DUE FOR MY TV-HOW DO I DO THIS?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

IT IS JUST A FEW YEARS YOUNG BUT I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE MODEL NUMBER--MUST BE WITH PAPERWORK I DO NOT NOW HAVE-

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

YES THE MENU WORKS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

IT IS A SCROLL ON THE TOP OF THE SCREEN WHICH POPS UP EVERY HOUR OR SO--HAS BEEN POPING UP FOR A MONTH--"YOUR TV IS READY FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE--UPDATE NOW"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

NO--I ASSUME I CAN DO THIS WITH MY REMOTE BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL A SOFTWARE UPDATE

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your TV you can find it by following the below steps:

1. Press Menu on your remote control.
  2. Select “Help” on the TV screen and press the OK button.
  3. Go to “System Info” and press the OK button.

Let me know if you are able to do that and also let me know if your TV is from Samsung, Vizio or some other brand.

I have a Samsung--went to menu on my remote--there I found --SOUND-BROADCASTING-NETWORK-SMART HUB-SYSTEM-AND SUPPORT-nothing in any of these categories said HELP--also no button on thr remote says OK--where do i go from here?
I have paid enough to get what should be a simple fix--not going to call
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern that is an automatic pop up you can ignore that.

original problem still exists--i need help to engage the software update on my samsung--so far no help
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please help me with the make and model of your TV because every TV has different settings. Are you able to see any logo on your TV?

I was able to find and activate the upgrade to the software--we are now done--
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

That's great i really appreciate your time please reach out to us if you have any questions.