TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture is having some kind of interference similar to…

Customer Question
The picture is having...

The picture is having some kind of interference similar to pixilation but containing vertical, thick lines vibrating up and down the screen in a variety of colors. I've never seen anything like it. Sound is still good. Has done this for 3 days now. Yesterday, there was no sound. It is back today. I have digital cable. The cable guy came out and said it is the TV, not the cable.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Maybe 10 years Model 55L X6500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't find the TV remote. My husband has dementia so he might have put it somewhere. I know how to turn it off using the button on the front. if you tell me which one to push (2 to the left, etc) I can try it manually. every channel is messed up. The cable menu just changed the underlying colors of the display having the vibrating vertical lines.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

3 days. The first incident was Wednesday night. We were watching a normal cable program. The screen suddenly started having all these lttle dots with them arranged in vertical lines about4-6 inches thick with the same width between them. The lines are vibrating rapidly. We gave up and turned the TV off. I called the cable company the next day. They came over Thursday night. The TV was normal then. I showed him the pictures I took and the video I made. He told me that was either the TV or some kind of interference. Said he had never seen anything like that before; it was not the cable. Friday night, both sight and sound were messed up as before. Saturday morning, we tried again and the TV worked. I was watching a program recorded through the cable company (DVR-?). It was a 6-part series. I had trouble getting it to start. It finally started, but the picture was not viewable any more. I have kept the TV on ever since after switching ti to a news channel for the sound. Same weird picture with the moving lines for 2 days now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have given you everything I know without being able to upload pictures.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Do you have another input to try like a DVD player or similar?this will eliminate the box as the cause

Louie, Technician