TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our LG TV has stopped recognizing any of the HDMI ports. If…

Our LG TV has stopped...
Our LG TV has stopped recognizing any of the HDMI ports. If we plug in the WII in works in any of the ports but once we try to go back to TV we just get a message, no signal. Checked all connections, they are tight.
11/12/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Please list everything that is connected into the tv:

-antenna/cable (no box)

-cable/satellite box

-surround sound/soundbar

-others

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

-antenna/cable (no box)

-cable/satellite box

-surround sound/soundbar

-others

Cable, sound bar, WII

Who connected all these? Did you set it all up? or was it done by an installer? And was it all working before? Were there any changes, like new device added or changed?

Everything was working fine. Hooked up WII to HDMI 1 but when we tried to go back to tv, HDMI 2 we get a message that says no signal. Tried all ports buy plugging into those ports and changing the settings but it says no signal for any of them. Tried different cord from other TV that does work and still the same message.

So are you still getting good picture/sound from the Wii ?

It's only the cable box that is not working?

but we can get Netflix, just not live TV. Reset cable box twice also.

Who is your cable company?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Comcast
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started

Looks like another expert just agreed to call you... If you still need to continue with this chat let's get some things clarified:

-the Wii is working? yes or no

-how do you get Netflix? through an app on the tv? or an app on ?