TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Timer light blinking after power went off then on a minute…

Customer Question
Timer light blinking after...

Timer light blinking after power went off then on a minute later. Won't power up. I did something to it last time it did this but I can't remember what

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Pretty old. 1080

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing will work. Other than timer button blinking

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Second time it happened in two years. Tv was working fine. Power off then back on. Then timer blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I had a repair man come out last year. We ended up doing something pretty simple to it and it worked. I just can't remember. It was about getting the timer to disengage

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Is this a Mitsubishi?

Are you able to get the model number off the back?

If not- what size is the screen and is it LED or LCD or DLP or Proj or ?

Projector

Is this a Mitsubishi?

What size is the screen?

Mitsubishi 52

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Timer light still blinking. Won't power up

This is a very common issue on these tv's. Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (substantial previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $350 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 52" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.