TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just bought a new Samsung 4K TV and we are trying to play…

Customer Question
Hi,We just bought a new...
Hi,We just bought a new Samsung 4K TV and we are trying to play our wedding video on it from a USB key but it is not showing any files on the USB key. Although, we know the data is on the key as it says 3GB data used at the top RH corner of the screen.The USB has been formatted to FAT32 and it is the correct codec (H.264/MPEG-4 AVV video codec and ACC audio codec).Our videographer has assured us that it should work in this format and we’ve tried copying it onto other USB keys but it still hasn’t worked.We are a completely loss and would like some advice please.Many thanks in advance,
Shona
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/13/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you able to play the video on your computer Shona?

Please let me know

Thank you

Hi Richard,Yes we can play it on our computer.Kind regards,
Shona

Thanks

Use this site and convert the film to an AVI

https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-avi

Copy it to the USB and then try to play it on the TV

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Hi Richard,We have considered this, although our videographer has advised that converting to .AVI will compress and thus reduce the quality of the video and we’d prefer to watch it in the high quality version that it was in.This format should play on our tv and we are at a loss to why it won’t?Kind regards,
Shona

This is because the TV cannot play this format, which is why I am asking you to convert it

Thanks Richard.The online manual for 2017 Samsung UHD TV’s says it does play this format?

Are you sure it is a 3GB key or a 32GB key?

Hi Richard,I think they key must be 32GB (not sure if I said what size it was previously?)Also, unfortunately the website link you send us will only convert files up to 2GB and 3 of our 5 videos are >2GB

Before you indicated 3GB, but 32GB is likely too big for the TV, use a smaller drive, try to use 8GB and tell me if that works please

Ok, I’ll try that - thanks.

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results please