TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to connect hdd recorder to viera tv but can,t work…

Customer Question
Trying to connect hdd...

Trying to connect hdd recorder to viera tv but can,t work out where to plug in the coaxial cable on the tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Panasonic viera model th- 42px80a

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just bought the recorder today and connecting it now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what he will need to know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 8 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Are you planning on using it to record from the TV?

Are you using cable or satellite service?

cable i guess,,whats the difference,i,m in australia

Just checking to see what were using. You will need to place the recorder between the cable box and your TV. Depending on what type of output connections you have coming from the cable box, you will need to connect an output from the box to an input on the hdd recorder. From the hdd recorder you will connect the output to an input on the TV.