TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I haven't used my Roku in over a month. I turned it on

Customer Question
I haven't used my Roku...
I haven't used my Roku in over a month. I turned it on tonight & all I get is a picture of tall buildings in black & white & a few promotions for shows going in a circle. How do I get Amazon or Netflix?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Roku is stuck on the Roku screen saver, and it's possible that the remote batteries are dead too. Please shut the TV off and then unplug the mini USB power cord from the Roku. Wait 20 seconds and plug it back in. When it powers up let me know if you get the Roku letters on the screen and if the remote responds.

If that does not work, then next replace the batteries in the remote and see if the remote responds. if the issue goes beyond that, then let me know which model Roku you have (Roku 1,2, 3 Premiere, etc.) and I can look up how to reset it.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

It did not work. I don't know which Roku I have as it was a gift from my son. I do not have patience for this tonight and want to end this chat.