TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Dark horizontal lines on tv screen. Le55w806 5 years. Just…

Customer Question
Dark horizontal lines on...

Dark horizontal lines on tv screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Le55w806 5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just turned it on 1 day and it was there. have purchased new tv but really liked this one and want to try and fix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you send me a photo of the tv so I can see exactly what the lines look like?

Are they just darker sections of the screen, or are they actual lines?
Do those show up over top of the hitachi menu screens?