TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Viera connected to a Bose system, DVD and Apple TV have

Customer Question
Viera connected to a...

Viera connected to a Bose system, DVD and Apple TV have sound, but satellite tv does not

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Panasonic Viera TH-50PX600U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works, picture is fine, just no sound on satellite, DVD and Apple TV work normally with normal sounds

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened after I moved the boxes in the cabinet to access the power bar, then slid them back into position. Can't find any loose connectionmoved the boxes to get access

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know if this restores the satellite sound please.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?