TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is an LCD from 2008 or so. It is zoomed in and I cannot…

Customer Question
It is an LCD...

It is an LCD from 2008 or so. It is zoomed in and I cannot get it right

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LC-AC5255U is the modle

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It works let me check. I have amazon fire tv, Netflix, a Sony blurayand original Xbox.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes, it is the same

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Model LC-C5255U

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which source are you watching where the TV is "zoomed in"? In other words, is it when viewing from your cable box? If so, then is it also zoomed in if you try and watch Netflix, or the Sony Blu Ray? Let me know.

It looks like it is just when using Amazon Fire tv. Right now, it is Netflix giving me problems

Okay, just to make sure we don't go and change netflix settings and find out it's your TV- did you try another source besides Netflix to confirm it's not the TV?

Are you still with me here?

the “FBI” green warning and Blu-ray on the Sony seems fine. Even my Netflix home screen is huge. I recently updated from $9.99/mo for HD to $14.99/mo for 4K or Better.

Okay. Go to the Firestick HOME screen. At the very top of the screen, scroll over to SETTINGS. In SETTINGS, select "DISPLAY AND SOUNDS".

Then click on DISPLAY, and scroll down to CALIBRATE DISPLAY.

I am there. It is talking about moving the arrows

Okay, and do that.

So that the arrows are at their maximum capacity.

Ok I did

You should be all set now. Let me know.

Hold on, please

Sure, no problem.

It did not work
What I see appears to be the top left 1/4 of the picture, full screen

I have no idea then. I will opt out.

Ok, will I be charged?
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please