Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

IT'S AN OLD, OLD TUBE TV, THAT I MUST HAVE HIT A BUTTON ON

Customer Question

IT'S AN OLD, OLD TUBE TV, THAT I MUST HAVE HIT A BUTTON ON WHEN I WAS DECREASING THE VOLUME, IT NO LONGER WORKS & IS ASKING ME TO INSERT MY ACCESS CARD
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: T HAVE AN ACCESS CARD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: FRONT OF IT, I'M AT WORK. I MEAN IT'S OLD & BIG. IT DOES SAY HDTV ON IT
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: YES, THE MENU WORKS, I'VE TRIED TO DO MY OWN DIAGNOTIC ON IT, NOTHING WORKS. IT'S BEEN AWHILE. THE TV WAS PLAYING JUST FINE, I WAS MANUALLY DECREASING THE VOLUME, NOT REALLY WATCHING THE BUTTON. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN, BLACK SCREEN. NOT LIKE THE TUBE BURNT OUT, BECAUSE THINGS SHOW UP ON THE TV, JUST NOT TV PROGRAMS
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, THANKS
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...TUBE TV..."
And is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
Or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?
Or some other device? ...Internet connection?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary try (if have not been done), cycle through the available choices of source/input.