TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It’s a hitachi 55 inch and the picture is very very dark but…

Customer Question
It’s a hitachi 55...

It’s a hitachi 55 inch and the picture is very very dark but still hasn’t sound

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry still has sound

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I️ tried different inputs but still dark, not sure of the model it’s about 4 years old. Menu works just can’t see it very well lol

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started this morning! Worked fine last night

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be it :)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not, is this an LED or LCD or DLP or Proj tv?

Hi! Le55a6r9a

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Ok, I’ve tried that and the picture is still barely there but I️ do have sound
Are you still there?

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 so it is worth checking.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

I’d like to have my money back if all I️ got was that I️ need to take it in