TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a new LG 60" TV and have been trying to find a place…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new LG 60" TV and have been trying to find a place to plug in the power input location. I can't find it anywhere after asking other people and even going back to the place I bought it. BEST BUY doesn't have an example of one like mine and just told me it was right there pointing their finger. I've spent hours asking and looking on the Internet and can't find any answers. I can plug into the electrical outlet but where on the TV does it plug into?

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

It never has been plugged in because I can't find the location on the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Just the power plug in location. I can find every other thing that needs to be plugged in.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I bought it yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing right now.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the MODEL number printed on the back of the tv?

Please try not to open new questions for the same issue.

60UJ6300

Ok, I will check and see what I can find. Please stand by.

I can't keep on spending money.
I can't keep on spending money with no results.

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.

Phone call is not needed. We can continue our chat.

Thanks

Sorry, the user manuals that LG supplies for this model are very lacking. They just don't show where to plug in the power cord. I'd suggest calling LG directly(###) ###-####/p>

I will try to call them again with no answer before.
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi - I'm Russell H. Expert at Justanswer. I need to ask you: What does the end for the TV, of your power cord, look like? is it 2-wired and figure-8-shaped, or three-wired and shaped in a way that's hard to describe, or something else?