TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No picture. Power to rv and all components. Black screen on…

Customer Question
No picture. Power to...

No picture. Power to rv and all components. Black screen on TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is probably 5 to 8 years old. LG model 42LV5500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All tv's in other rooms are working with our cable. Main TV is a black screen. Can't get anything to happen with remotes. No menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

TV went out yesterday. Husband was watching TV screen went completely white then black

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you have access to the tv right now, to try something?

I moved to to the kitchen to see if something would pop up on the screen. I don't have anything else connected to it

So the tv has been unplugged from POWER for a few minutes, then plugged back in?

Is the power LED on the front of the tv On or off or blinking?

How are you confirming the tv is turning On?

TV has a white lite indicating power to the tv

I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (substantial previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but in home repairs start at $250 so it would actually be better to replace the tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Hello, just checking back to see if you still need help or want to show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating.