TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

You can here the sound on my Vizo TV but there's no picture?

Customer Question
You can here the...

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

VIZO xvt553sv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes there nothing but the sound...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just happened this week. Played Sunday night and nothing Monday. Think tv picture bulb is out but I don't know how to get to it and replace?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, the TV doesn't have a "bulb" as it's an LCD set it uses non-replaceable tubes in the screen. That said, if you press MENU on the Vizio remote- will the MENU pull up? Or does the screen appear black as if the set were not even turned on?

Appears black screen like never cut on but the sound is loud and clear. The Vizo name at bottom of the stand keeps flashing on and off even when TV is off.

Thanks. So the power emblem is blinking while the TV's speakers are playing? Or do you have some sort of external sound system?

Are you still with me here?

I do have external sound system - surround sound.

Okay so the TV itself is not powering on at all- your sound is coming from the external sound system. The TV's power light flashing like this is a fault in the Mainboard.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you able to get the TV to power up at all?

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be sent out for repair at the link below:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1355/repair-service-for-3655-0122-0150-main-board-for-vizio-xvt553sv-smart-led-tv-totally-dead-blinking-endlessly-or-otherwise-failing-to-start

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$300 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Did not work...Vizo still flashing....������. I am getting so frustrated with appliances and computers...they make thing so poorly now. I have had extremely poor luck with Motherboards/mainboards. This TV is now that old, don’t want another Vizo poorly made it appears.
I understand and agree we are left with the quality they choose to provide us. It's the same across the board with all consumer electronics. Please understand I'm only trying to help and cannot change the facts.
Let me know if you need further assistance and regarding my attempts to help, could you please provide a positive rating so that the site knows you do not need further help?
i am trying how to order the part so i can self install?
Okay, that's fine and I wish you the best of luck.
How can I ordered it?
Above, in my post I give a link to where you would SEND your board to be repaired. The boards are not in stock. Repair is the only option. Please scroll up the page and review my replies.
Do you need further assistance ?