Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

On my TV i'm unable to change my picture from stretch to

Customer Question

on my TV i'm unable to change my picture from stretch to normal even when I go to menu to HD and select normal it stills stays on stetch. I purchased my TV about 5 years ago at Best Buy ( 50 inch panansonic )
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 50 inch Class 1080p Plasma HDTV model # TC-P50U50 about 4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Going on for 2 days. I've rebooted cable, I keep trying to change picture via menu no luck
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The problem is caused by a conflict of aspect ratio between the box and the TV.
Pick up the box remote and look for any buttons marked >>
Aspect
Ratio
Format
Zoom
HD Zoom
Or a hash button under the number 9 button
Press any of the above to correct your geometry problem, you may need to continually press too
Let me know how this works out
Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no luck

The way to prove if the set is OK is simply to try another input like a DVD player its my guess the TV is good your problem is the cable box, now if it wont respond to a reboot (unplug\replug into wallpower after 5 mins) then you will need to get the box swapped as its control software for the geometry of the set is bad

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony