TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We recently lost power during wind storm. When the power was…

Customer Question
We recently lost power...

We recently lost power during wind storm. When the power was restored, the internet did not. After help from Fairpoint tech, my wireless connection was up and Netflix was on modem tv but not my smart tv. fairpoint's signal is not my issue. What is? Is there a reset ?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Model E50-c1 and E55-C1 is the guide

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and only this tv is off from Netflix, other one gets netflix

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

After power outage Monday so 5 days now. power restored Tuesday. Internet was back on after tech help from provider.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I unplugged tv to reset and still nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 8 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. There is a good chance that a Factory reset will take care of it. Let me research it and be right back.
Here is the Factory reset procedure for your TV. After that you will have to go through the initial setup, the same way when you hooked up the TV the first time.1. Using the VIZIO remote, press the Menu button.
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK.
3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK.
4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
5. If you have not manually reset the parental code, please input 0 0 0 0 when it asks for the password.
6. Highlight Reset and press OK.
7. Wait for the TV to turn off.The TV will turn back on and the Setup App process will begin.
Let me know if that helped. If you know for sure that the router works, and after the reset the Wifi connection is not restores, then I would suspect an internal Main board issue in the TV. But let's hope the reset resolved it.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.