TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV won't stay on, suspect its an LED driver issue, tv is…

Customer Question
TV won't stay on...

TV won't stay on, suspect its an LED driver issue, tv is kdl-50r550a. trying to pinpoint faulty component on PCB

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sony KDL-50R550a, 2013 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Is this a chatbot? tv no work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yesterday, nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tested PSU, all normal, looks like LED driver board may be faulty, or LEDs themselves, trying to pinpont

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
TV Technician: stevenl1469, Technician replied 8 months ago
stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** sorry you ARE having problems gonna give you a link he shows how to narrow down to what PCB may be the problem see if this helps and let me know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZWrWWvnZU