TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp aquos LC-70LE650u. I turn the tv on and it powers on…

Customer Question
sharp aquos LC-70LE650u.I turn the...
sharp aquos LC-70LE650u.I turn the tv on and it powers on but the screen remains black. I can see some green print in the right corner but it quickly disappears.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/11/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is the power-light on the front of the set lit as though its in the ON mode?

Is there any sound?

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up?

Post light is on
No sound
Nothing on the remote either...
You there?

Find the INPUT or SOURCE button and press that once every second let me know if you get the sound back ON

I am referring to the TVs own remote

Yup on the remoteNothing happens when I repeatedly press input every second
Now the screen is various shades of green dark and light. That’s something new
U there

Seemingly the back-lights are lit, if you are getting no sound through it does seem like a main-board or t-con board issue, now it may mean either of these boards may need to be replaced........

Please try a reboot of the set and any satellite or cable box youmay be using by unplugging BOTH from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again

Let me know how that works out

I tried unplugging etc. so the boards are bad, that doesn’t tell me much, any other fixes?

What doesn't tell you much?I am saying either of the boards mentioned is bad, what we would do is begin by swapping out the main-board first, that seems the most likely board that is bad, there is no way to test this board even at workshop level, its a data board it cannot be checked, similarly the t-con board

If you want to do this yourself cost of that board is around $100

These are the fixes there is no other way ,,,,,,,,

these are the typical fixes for a green screen?What’s causes this?

No drive to the panel (screen) but because you have no sound either I am suspecting the main-board first

If there is no drive to the panel, the panel is unstable it will show anything and everything except the pictuure

I’m sorry but I don’t know what you mean? Drive to the panel?

Not typical fixes there are no typical fixes its all done by logically thinking through what has happened with the set, you dont have to know or understand what I mean, your not a technician

The set needs the parts I have mentioned you have 2 options, fit the parts yourself (I will help you with that)typical cost of boards around $100 each but you may only need the one, or get a technician www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Wait, can you be sure this is the problem? I have other questions.
Hello?

I am sure,ask away

what’s next. We’re do i get the parts and is it easy to do?Remember, I am not a tv technician.
Hello? I didn’t hear back on this.

Sorry it looks like my reply did not go through, there is no answer to "is it easy to do" some people find describing a screwdriver as not easy to do so I do not know what level of ability you have, so in a nutshell the back of the set will have to come off to me that is easy but many people find this difficult, after the back is off the main-board is one with all the AV inputs on it has to be unplugged then unscrewed from the chassis, then when its out the part-number needs to be located and with this code click this link to get to this site www.shopjimmy.com if they do not have the board then the code needs to be googled for suppliers, its the reverse to fit the board

Looks like most of the boards are used. Does the part number have to be exact? There are several that are close bitnoff a digit but look the same.Guessing they need to be exactly the same part numbers correct?

For the main-board you may see this partial number F953FM06, I can't give you the code as there may be variants of the board in the same model,looking this set looks like it only has one main but you have to be sure ,take more photos of all the codes you see

There is only 2 stickers on this board. That’s all there is and I sent those.
Anything on this?Thanks
Huh?
Hello. Has this been reassigned yet?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician