TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Issues with our Sony TV which is only three years old. Sony…

Customer Question
Issues with our Sony...

Issues with our Sony TV which is only three years old.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony 55" Class LED 4k Ultra HD TV (2160p) 120 Hz Smart 3D HDTV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

4-5 weeks Haven't tried anything but talked to TV repair shops about it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The problem is with the picture. The left half on the screen has faint lines running thru it vertically. It almost looks like it is raining.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/10/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control are the lines OVER the menu?

No

So the lines are BEHIND the menu?or is the menu not meeting the lines so you can't tell?

This check is a very important check for diagnosis ,if you do not understand post me a pic of the menu up and I will have a look myself,use the add files button

The menu is on the same side of e TV so you can't see any lines behind it.

OK if you use another input like a DVD player or a streaming service like netflix is it the same using any of those?

Lines are still there when the DVD is playing a disc.

OK the problem is either the t-con board (this drives the LCD display) OR the LCD panel itself (screen) there is no way to check either what we do is swap out the t-con board if it clears we are in luck, if not then the panel is bad and that is a no go, if you want to swap out the t-con board yourself let me know I will provide all the relevant info for that, please remember this is done on a gambit, cost of board around $80

I am sorry this is not something easier.

Let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony