TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio D50-D1. I unplugged the HDMI and the power to…

I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio D50-D1. I unplugged the HDMI and the power to install a cover plate. I also have Direct TV. Now when I try to watch, there's a message telling me my tv does not support this programs content protection???

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a little over a year. D50-D1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything seems to work, I can read the settings and set up screens. Just not tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just a couple of hours. I unplugged the tv and hdmi. After I plugged it back in, the problem started. I powered everything down and powered back up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

11/10/2017
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Did you unplug the Direct TV receiver as well?

Please let me know if you would like to continue by responding here, and I will reply back as soon as possible.

I unplugged several times. I reset receiver and TV several times. No luck

This is most likely caused by the HDMI connection between your Direct TV receiver and TV. Does your Direct TV have red, yellow and white ports on the back?

It was HDMI cable. I fished new one in wall. It’s working now.

Glad to hear it. Please remember to rate my service, and have a nice day.

Dan, Broadcast Engineer