TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

ALL OF a sudden the channel changed on its own to a country…

Customer Question
ALL OF a sudden...

ALL OF a sudden the channel changed on its own to a country western music station and then the screen went fuzzy with no sound and no picture. No matter what I do nothing changes. Prior to that the gjuide would turn itself on and scroll rapidly until I stopped it. this happened frequently during the day. HELP. I am a night person and rely on my tv for white noise if nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

The TV is a Sansui HDTV and we purchased it approx 3 years ago. 18" screen

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of Thank you.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/10/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please