TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sylvania TV -- messed with channels and now I can't pull up…

Customer Question
Sylvania TV -- messed...

Sylvania TV -- messed with channels and now I can't pull up the channel for my Blu-ray player

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sylvania is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Real ol -- don't know medl

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works -- jus t a minute. I don't have the remote set up for this one -- hold on --

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was fiddling with it a day ago and it went up. I get snowy channels, 1 through whatever

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/10/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please get me the full model number off the back of the TV- otherwise I have no way to know what set we're even dealing with.

Simply view my reply and postback to me to proceed.

Hello?

Yes, I've been here since 9:11 and posted for some info. Have been waiting for your reply. The only one I see is "Hello?"

Can you get the model number off of the back of the TV please so I can reference the set?

Just a moment

Alright.

sst4324aa

That doesn't come up as anything. On the sticker on the back of the TV, it will say "Model Number" can you check that?

SST4324A
That's what it says --

Thank you- and that is the correct one (different than the first one). That is an older CRT TV (tube set). There's not much info on that, but it is too old to directly connect a Blu Ray player to using HDMI, so what cables are being used? Is it red, white and yellow?

Great! Now on your remote, find a button labeled Input, Source or TV Video. Do you see one of those?

I don't have this hooked up to a remote. I have a Universal I can program. Give me the directions.

No idea what universal you have. This is going in a different direction than the original request. I will opt out now.

Wait -- you're dropping the case?