TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't get the closed captions off my TV. Cast Display

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the closed captions off my TV. Cast Display 5876. It is hooked to Direct TV. I do not have the remote programmed to the Direct TV remote - I have to use both. I do not use it as a smart tv.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?

I thought it was Vizio Directcast 5876 - I can't get to the back of it. The manual says E32 and a lot of other numbers.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Where do I find the TV menu? I'm an older lady and not very tech savvy.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been going on for most of the time I've had the TV. I bought it at Costco last year I believe. I don't recall what triggered it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/9/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you are seeing words in boxes (the closed captions) then this is generated by the satellite or cable box, so you DO need to use the original remote for the box and look on that remote for CC\Subtitle or text and keep pressing this button until CC goes off, if you have any problems I will need the model number of the box please