TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sony smart bravia tv is protecting content...Have been…

Customer Question
My sony smart bravia...

My sony smart bravia tv is protecting content...Have been told I need update

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Xbr49x800d/43x800d are # on front of sony book.....just over a year I beleive

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started today after direct tv tech installed second box in another room...There was an update done on this tv just few days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No....I did call direct tv and they said I need an update...what is that message on screen about protecting content

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/9/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What is the exact error message shown on TV

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box, DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?