Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My sony smart bravia tv is protecting content...Have been

Customer Question

my sony smart bravia tv is protecting content...Have been told I need update
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: xbr49x800d/43x800d are # on front of sony book.....just over a year I beleive
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started today after direct tv tech installed second box in another room...There was an update done on this tv just few days ago
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no....I did call direct tv and they said I need an update...what is that message on screen about protecting content
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- What is the exact error message shown on TV

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box, DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?